Manager, Launchpad Program Partnerships
Candidats qui préfèrent recevoir cette poste en version française sont invités à contacter firstname.lastname@example.org.
Artscape is currently recruiting for a Manager, Launchpad Program Partnerships.
This role will be responsible for managing Artscape Daniels Launchpad’s cross-sector engagement and collaboration with post-secondary institutions, local and regional innovation and incubation hubs and other related organizations in the delivery of Launchpad’s programs that support the entrepreneurial needs of artists and designers from the GTAH and across Southern Ontario.
Opening in fall 2018, Launchpad will be a one-stop art and design entrepreneurship centre that provides affordable access to technology and tools of the trade, reframes entrepreneurship for creative people through innovative programming, and offers a gateway to services, funding, business opportunities and more. Artscape Daniels Launchpad will empower artists and designers to thrive. For more information please browse this website.
The Manager, Launchpad Program Partnerships, will incubate and manage these partnerships with a focus on the delivery of programs that are designed to bridge the divide between the artist/designer and entrepreneurship, build entrepreneurial skills and accelerate their ideas into actionable business opportunities. The Manager, Launchpad Program Partnerships will:
- Work with partners to promote the content and design of Launchpad’s programs to current or recent graduates from post-secondary and other learning institutions who want to develop entrepreneurial and business operations skills to move their ideas forward and establish themselves as creative entrepreneurs
- Work in partnership with local and regional innovation and incubator centres on the delivery of Launchpad programs that enable those in the creative sector to build entrepreneurial skills as they apply/enter innovation/incubator and/or accelerator hubs
- Play a critical role in the identification of program delivery and partner development with these strategic organizations through the development of Memorandums of Understandings
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate exceptional capacity in partnership development and cross-sector collaboration with organizations across the GTAH and Southern Ontario region; possess an entrepreneurial mindset; have a desire to engage and support the economic growth of the creative and cultural sector; and possess a passion for the objectives of the project. This position will report to the Managing Director upon hiring and will eventually report to the Director, Launchpad Programs when that position is hired.
Interested candidates should also visit Artscape’s website to read Vision 2017 Artscape’s 5 year strategic plan and the Momentum 2016 annual report http://www.artscape.ca
- Identify, build and manage Artscape Daniels Launchpad’s engagement with post-secondary and local and regional incubators and hubs in the GTAH and Southern Ontario
- Formalize these strategic relationships through Memorandums of Understanding in coordination with the Managing Director
- Participate and contribute to the design, delivery and management of various cross-sector engagement and information-sharing forums including training, workshops, one-on-meetings, roundtables and conferences
- Promote Artscape Daniels Launchpad and its creative entrepreneurship programming with the Launchpad team and stakeholders
- With the Marketing, Sales and Community Experience Manager for Launchpad, conduct market analysis to identify strategic opportunities
- Deliver Workshop and Demo Days showcasing Launchpad programs and its success stories in coordination with the Manager, Resource Knowledge and Industry Partnerships
- Maintain partner engagement records and contribute to the collection and reporting of key performance indicators, with a specific focus on funding outcome deliverables
- Produce clear and concise written reports and presentations
- Manage relevant budgets and ensure that targets are on track and met
- Ability to travel and network regularly across the GTAH and Southern Ontario
- Contribute to, and participate in, the realization of Artscape’s overarching vision and mission
- Undertake other duties as directed
- A minimum of five years’ direct experience in the business /entrepreneurship environment and training/professional development within the creative and cultural sector and/or, at minimum, evidenced and substantial knowledge and understanding of the structure, characteristics and needs of the sector
- An undergraduate university degree in a relevant discipline
- Enthusiastic and committed to the development of the creative sector
- Significant experience developing, leading and innovating successful strategic partnership development and management
- Direct experience and understanding of the GTAH and Southern Ontario post-secondary, entrepreneurship and innovation clusters, including familiarity with government initiatives
- Evidence of an entrepreneurial approach; a fast learner with the ability to meet ambitious targets
- Knowledge, understanding and experience in the application of entrepreneurship methodologies and practices of teaching
- Exceptional project management and planning skills, handling multiple projects at once
- Exceptional relationship management skills
- Proven excellent oral and written communication skills; able to synthesize and communicate complex ideas
- Highly organized, entrepreneurial, resourceful, collaborative, and a possesses capacity for critical and creative thinking
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite 2010
- Salesforce and/or other database experience highly desirable
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: Tuesday, June 6, 2017 by 12:00 pm NOON EST.
TO APPLY please respond by:
- Specifying where/how you found out about the opportunity
- Including a cover letter outlining the qualifications and experience you would bring to the position and how you found out about the employment opportunity
- Including your salary expectations
- Including a resume
Please note: Submissions must include all requirements listed above, including your salary expectations. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
Applications will be received in confidence by mail or email and should be forwarded to:
Attention: Human Resources, Artscape
Suite 224, 171 East Liberty Street
Toronto, ON M6K 3P6
email@example.com (please note your name and job title in the subject line)
All email submissions will receive a message confirming receipt. No phone calls please. We thank all applicants, however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted directly.
Artscape is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusiveness in all its work. We work proactively to be fair and equitable in practice and to build diversity into our teams, creative communities, programs and services.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to Artscape.
Artscape is a not-for-profit urban development organization that makes space for creativity and transforms communities. Our work involves clustering creative people together in real estate projects that serve the needs of the arts and cultural community and advance multiple public policy objectives, private development interests, community and neighbourhood aspirations and philanthropic missions. artscape.ca
Position Type: Full-Time
Reports to: Managing Director, Artscape Daniels Launchpad
Start Date: As soon as possible
Location: Artscape Head Office, Liberty Village, Toronto
Apply By: Tuesday, June 6, 2017 by 12:00 pm NOON EST