Grow a sustainable business from your creative practice
The Creative Entrepreneurship Program is the most in-depth, flexible and personalized of our programs. It supports artists and creative professionals in building a successful, sustainable creative business. The hands-on nature of the course means you can evolve your business idea and start earning money from your new business while you learn.
Break-out sessions and expert guest speakers supplement the curriculum, to deliver a solid foundation in business fundamentals, practical insights and an invaluable professional network for your future.
What you’ll get:
- A comprehensive curriculum tailored to artists and designers, covering topics such as:
- Customer development
- Branding and promotion
- Taxation and company formation
- Intellectual property and other legal issues
- Pricing methodology and creating your unique value proposition
- Financial management and funding
- Goal setting and live-work balance
- The Creative Business Canvas - a lean and flexible business planning tool
- Insights and coaching from expert guest speakers
- Hands-on learning and break-out sessions in class
- Bonus! Your program fee includes a an Artscape Community Card, which provides a free Flex Studio Membership at Artscape Youngplace, and discounts on residencies at Artscape Gibraltar Point
- Bonus! Program graduates receive 20% off Launchpad Ignite workshops
What you’ll learn:
- Business models and growth planning strategies for success
- Financial management techniques and pricing strategies
- How to test ideas and reduce risk
- How to navigate taxation and legal responsibilities
- Methods to create and deliver value for customers
- Branding, marketing and communications skills
What you’ll gain:
- Tools to simplify your administrative processes
- Guidelines for market expansion
- Loyal, enthusiastic customers
- Increased earnings
- Protection for your intellectual property
- A community of like-minded creative entrepreneurs
Program Tuition: $575+HST
Students are expected to attend all classes within a session.
Participants who complete the Creative Entrepreneurship Program may qualify for a grant of up to $2,000 and a one-year complimentary membership at the Artscape Daniels Launchpad facility through the City of Toronto's Starter Company Plus Program.
North York Civic Centre
5100 Yonge St.
Friday, September 15 to Friday, October 20, 2017
Apply by September 1, 2017
October: Dates TBA
Stay Tuned for
See what our alumni have to say.
“[The Creative Entrepreneurship Program] forced me to get back to basics: taking care of the books, paying the bills, looking after my profits, things like that.”Trevor Godinho
“The program was rich, with lots to dive into … I built a great network of other enterpreneurs—I think we’ll all be working together in the future.”Joe Calleja
“I finally got out of my head, put plans onto paper and into action. I also benefitted from the supportive network created by the program. Who better than my cohorts to test my ideas and provide feedback?”Christine Harris
“In the program I learned how to build the resources for my creative enterprise. The biggest gain for me is that I’ve developed the confidence to pitch my vision and invite people with resources to give.”Paola Gomez