Grow a sustainable business from your creative practice
The Creative Entrepreneurship Program is the most in-depth, flexible and personalized of our programs. It supports artists and creative professionals in building a successful, sustainable creative business. The hands-on nature of the course means you can evolve your business idea and start earning money from your new business while you learn.
Break-out sessions and expert guest speakers supplement the curriculum, to deliver a solid foundation in business fundamentals, practical insights and an invaluable professional network for your future.
What you’ll get
- A comprehensive curriculum tailored to artists and designers
- The Creative Business Canvas - a lean and flexible business planning tool
- Insights and coaching from expert guest speakers
- Hands-on learning and break-out sessions in class
- Bonus! Your program fee includes a an Artscape Community Card, which provides a free Flex Studio Membership at Artscape Youngplace, and discounts on residencies at Artscape Gibraltar Point.
- Bonus! Program graduates receive 20% off all Launchpad workshops
What you’ll learn
- Business models and growth planning strategies for success
- Financial management techniques and pricing strategies
- How to test ideas and reduce risk
- How to navigate taxation and legal responsibilities
- Methods to create and deliver value for customers
- Branding, marketing and communications skills
What you’ll gain
- Tools to simplify your administrative processes
- Guidelines for market expansion
- Loyal, enthusiastic customers
- Increased earnings
- Protection for your intellectual property
- A community of like-minded creative entrepreneurs
Program Tuition: $599+HST
All classroom sessions will be held in Toronto.
Students are expected to attend all sessions.
June 2017 Intensive Session Dates:
Monday, June 19 - 9AM-5PM
Tuesday, June 20 - 9AM-5PM
Wednesday, June 21 - 9AM-5PM
Thursday, June 22 - 9AM-5PM
Friday, June 23 - 9AM-5PM
Your Facilitator: Steven Karpenko
Monday & Tuesday: Ryerson University, Rogers Communications Centre (RCC), 2nd Floor, 80 Gould Street, Toronto
Wednesday, Thursday & Friday: George Brown College, Satellite Location, Room 110, 230 Richmond Street East, Toronto
Apply by: Friday, June 9, 2017
Participants who complete the Creative Entrepreneurship Program may qualify for a grant of up to $2,000 and a one-year complimentary membership at the Artscape Daniels Launchpad facility through the City of Toronto's Starter Company Plus Program.
See what our alumni have to say.
“I finally got out of my head, put plans onto paper and into action. I also benefitted from the supportive network created by the program. Who better than my cohorts to test my ideas and provide feedback?”Christine Harris
“In the program I learned how to build the resources for my creative enterprise. The biggest gain for me is that I’ve developed the confidence to pitch my vision and invite people with resources to give.”Paola Gomez
“The program was rich, with lots to dive into … I built a great network of other enterpreneurs—I think we’ll all be working together in the future.”Joe Calleja
Monday, June 19 to Friday, June 23, 2017 (9AM-5PM)
Apply by Friday, June 9, 2017
Classes held in Toronto.