Kick-start your creative business in just five weeks
The Creative Entrepreneurship Intensive is the only accelerated business skills course designed specifically for artists and creative professionals. In just five weeks take your emerging business idea to the next level.
This course will guide you through a comprehensive list of topics essential to creative entrepreneurs. Learning modules, take-home exercises, group work and resources can all be tailored to your specific needs. Convenient Saturday sessions accommodate your schedule and keep your weekdays free. The intensive pace will spark your momentum so you hit the ground running in just over one month.
What you’ll get
- Five one-day workshops over five weeks
- Curriculum tailored to artists and creative professionals
- The Creative Business Canvas - a lean and flexible business planning tool
- Expert guest speakers working in the creative sector
- A professional network of creative entrepreneurs
- Bonus! Your program fee includes a package of benefits from Artscape including: Free Flex Studio Membership at Artscape Youngplace; discounts on residencies at Artscape Gibraltar Point; and the Artscape Community Card, giving you discounts on products and services throughout the Artscape community
What you’ll gain
- Knowledge of how to test ideas and risk-reduction in start-ups
- Business models and planning for growth
- Insight into designing, pricing, launching and selling products and services
- Knowledge of how to create and deliver value for loyal, enthusiastic, paying customers
- Branding, marketing and communications skills
- Business administration, intellectual property and financial management know-how
- Knowledge of legal, taxation and other governmental responsibilities
- Business acumen for both for-profit and not-for-profit creative work
Program Tuition: $499+HST.
All classroom sessions will be held at Artscape Youngplace, 180 Shaw Street, Toronto
Students are expected to attend all sessions.
- Saturday, October 22, 2016, 10am-4pm
- Saturday, October 29, 2016, 10am-4pm
- Saturday, November 5, 2016, 10am-4pm
- Saturday, November 12, 2016, 10am-4pm
- Saturday, November 19, 2016, 10am-4pm